The Ecoply® Barrier System provides a weather tight and rigid air barrier for drained and vented cavity systems outside the building frame. This effectively replaces traditional building wrap in the cavity, while providing structural bracing and forming a strong secondary line of defence against moisture penetration into the building envelope.
For more details on the Ecoply Barrier System, click here to visit the Ecoply Barrier System website.
Features & Benefits
- Temporary weather protection to the building envelope prior to cladding installation.
- Fast close-in allows for earlier interior finishing.
- Provides structural bracing when installed as per bracing specifications.
- The panels can be exposed for a maximum of 90 days during the construction cycle. The sealing tapes can be exposed for a maximum of 90 days during the construction cycle. This means there are no hold-ups while the cladding has to be installed, e.g. brick layers etc.
- Manufactured from sustainably-grown NZ plantation pine.
- Sheet dimensions: 2440/2745 × 1200 mm.
- H3.2 CCA treated.
- Low formaldehyde emission (E0).
- Low volatile organic compound (VOC's) surface coating.
- FSC® certified (SCS-COC-001316) upon request.
- The Ecoply Barrier System meets the NZ Building Code requirements for rigid underlays as outlined in Section 9.1.4; the performance requirements of Table 23 of E2/AS1; and has been tested for wind speed exceeding Extra High wind zone as defined in NZS 3604. Testing has been completed to provide solutions for buildings outside scope of NZS 3604; contact CHH Woodproducts direct for further information.
- BRANZ appraised for use as a rigid sheathing and temporary weather-protecting sheathing on timber-framed buildings.
- Independently certified as complaint with AS/NZS 2269 - Plywood Structural.
- H3.2 CCA treated in accordance with AS/NZS 1604.3.