Ecoply™ bracing provides resistance for walls and subfloor foundations for light timber framed buildings under wind and earthquake loading to meet the requirements of the NZ Building Code.
The Ecoply bracing system provides bracing resistance for walls and subfloor foundations for light timber framed buildings under wind and earthquake loading, to meet the requirements of the NZ Building Code- B1 Structure, and NZS 3604:2011 Timber Framed Buildings or specifically designed to NZS 3603 Timber Structures Standard.
Any Ecoply or Shadowclad branded panel (excluding any panels marked as downgrade) may be used for bracing as long as it is equal to or greater than 7 mm thickness, is treated for the specific application in accordance with NZS 3602 and fixed in accordance with Ecoply bracing specifications
Features & Benefits
- High Bracing Performance
- Easy Installation
- EP Bracing series, using the GIB® Handibrac now available
- Tested compliant with NZ Building Code requirement
Compliance & Standards
- Ecoply & Shadowclad Plywood is manufactured to AS/NZS2269 and is suitable for design & use in earthquake & wind bracing systems constructed in accordance with NZS3603 and AS/NZS 1170
- Wall Bracing elements are tested using P21 testing methods referenced in NZS 3604:2011
Ecoply is New Zealand's leading brand of structural plywood. Information in this guide relates to Ecoply and Shadowclad structural properties and specifications for common structural plywood applications
Chemwatch- Material Safety Data Sheet
Formaldehyde Emission Certificate
FSC Certificate for Tokoroa Plywood Mill
Spreadsheet Ecoply Bracing Patch for GIB EzyBrace
Ecoply NZS2269 Compliance Certificate for Tokoroa Plywood Mill
The EP bracing series simplifies the design and construction of bracing elements
All Ecoply EP Bracing Specification documents
Single Sided Structural Plywood Brace
Double Sided Structural Plywood Brace
Structural Plywood Brace with Plasterboard Other Side
Bracing Element Specially Designed for Sheets to Terminate at Soffit Height
Installation method for GIB Handibrac for use with Ecoply EP Bracing Series
How to Insert EP Bracing Values Into GIB EzyBrace
Ecoply™ EP Bracing Series Specifications
The Ecoply™ EP bracing series simplifies the design and construction of bracing elements using plywood, by itself or in conjunction with GIB® plasterboard.
The EP bracing series offers the following benefits:
- Higher bracing performance per metre than existing SP elements
- Reduced number of element types and simplified naming system
- Single sided and double sided bracing elements
- Special EPGs bracing element design for where plywood cladding comes to soffit line within 300mm of top plate
- High performance bracing element utilising GIB® Standard plasterboard
- A single type, GIB® Handibrac, hold-down for all bracing elements
- Direct fix or cavity construction
- Simplified construction
- Single page specifications for each bracing element type
Bracing values and specifications are specific to Ecoply and Shadowclad™ branded structural plywood and cannot be used with any other plywood brand no matter how similar they may appear.
Ecoply EP Bracing Series Specification Information Bulletins
Ecoply™ Bracing and GIB® EzyBrace™
Ecoply Bracing values can now be easily down loaded and included into GIB EzyBrace software to simplify bracing calculations.
Click here to view and download the simple instructions on how to load the Ecoply values into GIB EzyBrace
Click here to view and download the EzyBrace spread sheet.
Ecoply™ SP Bracing Specifications
In alignment with recent changes to NZS 3604:2011 the SP Bracing Series has been removed from all CHH Woodproducts bracing specification material effective from the 1st of January 2012. Up until this date the SP Bracing Series may still be used in bracing design under NZS3604:2011 requirements.
For bracing design within the Christchurch region contact the local Building Authority or CHH Woodproducts directly.